Participating Organizations and Sponsors
Women’s Eye Health.org acknowledges the following organizations for the support that allowed our formation and our continued educational outreach efforts.
- Schepens Eye Research Institute was founded by famed retinal surgeon Dr. Charles L. Schepens in 1950, and is today the largest independent eye research institution in the United States.
- Located in Boston and affiliated with Harvard Medical School Department of Ophthalmology, the Institute interfaces with several other highly regarded medical facilities, including Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
- Schepens' faculty is comprised of world-renowned, expert basic scientists and clinicians. It’s post- and predoctoral training programs include students from all over the world.
- At Schepens, laboratories study the viagra prescription label update basic aspects of blinding eye diseases, develop devices to assist people with low vision, and design improved equipment for testing/assessing vision.
Lions Clubs International Foundation
- In 1917, the Association of Lions Clubs was formed by a group of Chicago businessmen to expand their work to improve/serve their communities.
- In 1920, a Canadian club was formed and visit web site how to get cialis no prescrip tion the Association became the Lions Clubs International (LCIF).
- In 1925, Helen Keller appealed to the LCIF “Will you not constitute yourselves KNIGHTS of the BLIND, in this crusade against darkness?”
- Today, Lions Clubs can be found in service to their communities in more than 170 countries …worldwide.
- Lions Clubs worldwide dedicate themselves to fighting blindness and other community-based activities.
Past supporters of Women's Eye Health.org events include:
The National Eye Institute