EMPOWER YOUR FAMILY
Many of the same steps you can take to protect your own vision and improve your eyesight extend to protecting the vision of your loved ones.
1. Know your health history.
2. Schedule regular eye exams for the whole family. The National Eye Institute offers tips and links to help you locate an eye care professional here.
3. Protect your family from eye trauma or injuries.
4. Get sunglasses for the entire family, including the kids.
5. Adopt a healthy lifestyle by not smoking and maintaining a healthy weight.
6. Know and act upon the warning signs of eye disease.
7. Prevent eye strain. Learn more about children’s eye health and find additional resources at the National Eye Institute.